Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Promiscuous Faith


6.8 Km, 33:25.5, Light Snow 4°C, 11 km wind

Skunked. Not a single can or bottle. No signs from the PBGs at all.

I think the Guys have noticed that I have been looking around. I have been trying on different faiths to see how they feel. How do I like the fit of Deism? What is this Gnosticism I've heard about at the water cooler? Am I closer to Secular Humanism or Religious Humanism? I called up my old flame, Agnosticism, just to confirm that I am firmly out of her tent now.

And what about her seductive sister Atheism. Naw, she was never really my type, although she certainly appeals to my logical mind.

There are lots of girls in the spiritual meat market. Take a look at this list for starters. Here are some that I have heard about, but haven't dated yet:

  • Bah'i
  • Buddhism
  • Confucianism
  • Hinduism
  • Islam
  • Jainism
  • Native American
  • Noahidism
  • Pagan
  • Pantheism
  • Shintoism
  • Taoism
  • Unitarian Universalism
  • Zoroastrianism

Really, Guys, I am just sowing my wild oats here. I need to play the field before I make any ever-lasting commitments. Surely you understand that? Don't tell me you are jealous gods! That's a mark against you, in my books.


Okay, you caught me. For the sake of a good story I told a little fib. When I said that I was skunked, that wasn't completely true. At the end of my run I did get a bottle.

Not completely abandoned. Still there listening to me, just reserving Their judgment. As beings far more mature than I, They know that I need a little wiggle room. They provide me with breathing space. They are not in any hurry what-so-ever.

"Besides," They flippantly add, "All roads lead inexorably to us, so take your pick."

No comments: