Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Lion Baptism


No run today, Clear, -16°C!, no wind

Today was my lion's baptism day. I left the house at 5:45 so I could be at the laundromat when it opened. The automatic lock, however, didn't seem to have the correct time.

I used the extra 1/2 hour to read about the story of Ruth & Naomi. Pity it wasn't something about baptism. Perhaps the why of that will come later

I was struck by the grace & humility of Shirley, the laundromat's proprietor; definitely a P ot PBGs. OOPBGB most of her life. I have a long way to go if I want to be as giving and selfless as her. Or as tough as nails too. They sure make them well out on the east coast!

The lion survived the rigors of the baptism, and didn't spill any stuffing. In fact, he could use a bit more stuffing. I wonder why he was discarded.

No comments: