Thursday, September 23, 2004

Old Haunts

I recently returned for a run in my old training ground.

I have nicknamed my usual runs, and the route in question is called 'Alley-8'. As you may know if you have looked at my running log, Alley-8 used to be my most common route and many of the entries in the PBGs' Path were 'born' while running this route.

Anyway, on my return to Alley-8, I ran into 'the man in Green', who recognized me and told me that he wondered where I had been. I had to slow down to talk to him (good thing, because I was running sub 4:30 min/km and probably about to have a heart attack) and we had a good, but short, conversation about running and injuries.

I also ran by Hunter's house. There have been some changes in his yard and I am unsure wheather he even lives there anymore. As I started this entry, I did a google search of my own site and on a whim, I did a search for Hunter.

Ah, the good old days of running and PBGing (if you will permit my verbification :-) ). Recently, running has become more about fastness than about spirituality. Concerns for Hunter have been replaced with concerns for minutes-per-kilometers. All about the next marathon. All about, well, me.

Sad, sad, sad.

The distractions have run their course. Even my blog stands neglected.

No comments: