Thursday, December 11, 2003

Voice of God?


Run later today, Clear -20°C, 6 km wind

I had a spooky experience on the bus the other day. Well, not exactly spooky in the Hallowe'en sense, but in the spiritual sense.

I was watching a 3 year old playing with the zippers on her coat and thinking about my own kids when they were little. Out of the blue, a thought occurred to me about letting go of old business from the past. The spooky part (for me anyway) about it was that the experience was exactly like the 'Aha' moments I get while running. It seemed to have a quiet ring of truth to it that I sometimes get after thinking about something on my run for 4km/30 minutes. I am tempted to say it was the voice of God. DO-do-do-do.

I don't know about you, but that creeps me out. It wasn't scary or anything. I didn't hear a voice. I just recognized the tone of the thought. And it seemed to have a source beyond me. This thought wasn't telling me how to run my life, or which stock to buy or anything crazy. It was simply a continuation of my life conversation.

It had meaning in the context of the issues I hold and think about.

What meaning, you may ask? Mind your own business. That isn't important for me to relate. If this was a God experience, it wasn't at all what I expected (where were the trumpets?).

The important part to relate is that the 'God voice' wasn't any different from my usual self talk, but that with the practice I've had listening to the PBGs, I could distinguish it as important and separate from myself.

I can't believe I just wrote that. Crazy Nut Case!

No comments: