Thursday, January 29, 2004

The Innocent and The Shy

Do you remember when I wrote about the small Voice of God? Well, I met up with the little girl who triggered that small gift of grace on the bus the other day.

She told me that she was singing a bus song. You know, that is what we need more of. Songs for every occasion. Bus songs. Work songs. I love you so much it hurts songs...

Oh wait, perhaps we have too many of those last type already ;)

Anyway, this little girl is just a little bit of a thing and she and her mother are pretty shy. Without the girl, I doubt I would ever have been able to talk to the mother. So her mother recognizes me from the last time we met on the bus and shyly says that the song in question was "The Wheels on the Bus".

Thinking of my OOPBGB list I asked her what her name was. She shyly said it was Divya. Welcome to my OOPBGB list Divya, I hope that you and your mother grow in the spirit and learn to break the silence, take a relational chance and get messy.


If you ride city transit, you will know that there are lots of unspoken rules that everybody follows, like "Don't look at anybody else", "Don't touch anybody else's stuff" and "Never talk to anybody you don't know". I'm tired of these rules and try to break them when ever I can. I LOVE looking at other people and trying to guess what kind of people they are. I have also decided to break the silence too.

No comments: